You have no idea how much editing I´ve had to do for my upcoming DIY fashion book... 128 pages just feels like nothing. This nail polish paint paint treatment and a spray paint dust treatment for denim was one tutorial that has been edited out, so I might as well show it to you now.
NAIL POLISH TREATMENT
gold spray paint
different shades of nail polish
1. Put the garbage bag inside the garment to prevent nail polish of bleeding through.
2. Gather loose pleats where the whisker abrations are.
3. Spray paint a light layer of gold onto it and some to the knee. This will give the denim a dusty look.
4. Nail polish can be applied with the brush in the jar or with a cotton tip.
5. Or it can be poured / dripped on.
6. Let dry for a day or two.
The nail polish will stay on even if you wash the jeans in water.
The spray paint on the other hand will wear off eventually but can be easily applied again.