Photos: Peter Stigter
Bloody hell.. Today was the first day in months when I did not have to get up at 6 am on a weekend to do some sewing, photo shoot or write texts. I have been just sitting at home all day watching movies and trying to think back what normal people do on a Sunday. It feels unreal... I've loved every minute of making my DIY fashion book, but working a day job and then spending all of your free time on evenings and weekends on it for several months in a row has had its toll. But finally it has gone to print and this blog is back on track! I´m so happy. So it´s back to business as usual.
I love the style of Marie Claire editor Taylor Tomasi Hill. Her Tumblr is really good styling and DIY projects inspiration. Like for example this leather fringe mini skirt by Isabel Marant. She makes it look so lovely with black pants, a comfy knit and a pair of high heels. I´ve written about these fringe skirts many times before and it seems they will not out of style. Must make one for fall. This is a no-sew project as the leather pieces will stay on using textile glue.
1-2 old soft 80´s leather jackets
leather marking pen
textileglue / leatherglue
1. Cut the leather jackets apart from all seams.
2. Draw 0,5 cm lines on the back of the leather pieces.
3. Tape the leather pieces on to the skirt with masking tape. They should overlap each other a lot.
4. Try the skirt on and glue leather pieces on by putting on a fingers width of glue to the top edge.
5. Cut the leather pieces to fringes.